Thursday, May 28, 2009

In the begining...

Well I guess that I am welcoming myself to the blogging world. Kind of strange but we shall see. I guess just to introduce my blog, Kevin and I are loving married life. Not much other than that going on. Hopefully there will be some news soon. I guess you could say that I do have news. For the first time in my life, my husband and I have planted a garden. (Ok so the first time in my married life, the whole 7 1/2 months.) It's not very big but it is funny how you can get the warm fuzzy feeling when you see the plants start to grow. It proves that hard work is worth it. Also with starting to grow things, I have learned how to make freezer jam (strawberry and rhubarb) and also how to make bread. You would think that after watching your mom make jam and bread for years and years, you would somehow know how to do it. WELL I was really wrong. Let's just say that the bread is still small hard loaves and the first batch of jam doesn't look like jam at all. It looks more like jelly with chunks of strawberries in the top. Oh well it still tastes good.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! As long as it tastes good, that's the important thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Natalie!! Your blog is very cute! Planting a garden is such a great accomplishment! Justin and I were going to plant one this year, but kind of missed the best time to do it-so we're shooting for next year!! Congrats on making jam and bread-I still can't do that!

    ReplyDelete