Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And...

So last week I tried making the secret recipe for Grandma Ashcraft's rhubarb jam. Well... it turned out really good. Well at least my husband agrees that it tastes just like grandma's. I have to say that I am pleased with myself. I ended up making 10 pints of jam. Good or not we will be eating it for the next year. I'll give myself a pat on the back. :)

Well my garden is growing like "weeds." My grandpa Chadwick last week told Kevin that we had a whole bunch of weeds growing in the garden. Kevin asked him if he was sure and Grandpa said "Yes." So Kevin went out to go check and all he could see were the plants. So he came back in and said that it was only the plants. Grandpa said, "Yup the weeds." (ha ha, grandpa calls my plants weeds.) Anyway we have 3 rows of corn all coming up at the same time. We will be eating corn like crazy. But besides my corn growing, we have beans, cucumbers, 12 tomato plants, spinach, radishes, beets (those are for Kevin, ugh), zucchini, cantaloupe, pumpkins, and a large row of sunflowers. Anybody want some sunflowers seeds to eat?? So I thought that I was buying the nice ones that would help attract some bee's to the garden but ended up buying the ones that make sunflower seeds that you can harvest and eat. I won't tell you that I have about 12 sunflower plants growing right now. :) Oh well. Guess we will be eating sunflower seeds all winter long. Anybody know how to cook them??

Also this last weekend, Kevin and I went and helped his sister Andria paint her new house. Well I helped paint and Kevin went with Chris running all over the valley finding and picking things up for the house. All I can say is the previous owners must have been colored blind because the colors in that house were crazy. But after a couple of really good coats of paint, the house is looking awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Yay You started a blog!!! I need your blog email so I can add you to my blog... and ps make your blog private while it is small...when you start having kids it is freaky what people will do... haaha hope life is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you that the garden does look really good. But that is the best part is growing it. But the next thing is to clean the weeds. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete