
One thing that Kevin and I have tried to do sence we got married is to attend the temple as much as possible. We try to attend at least once a month. So far we have been able to attend the Mount Timpanogas Temple, Jordan River Temple, and the Salt Lake Temple. So yesterday, Ben (Kevin's friend), Kevin and I traveled down to Manti to attend a session in the Manti Temple. Also we were going down to the reception of one of Kevin's good friends wedding reception. But we decided to go down early and go to the temple. I had been down once before but for the boys, it was there first time going. The sun was out and the weather was great. When we arrived, there was a couple who had just gotten married coming out. So getting into the temple was a little crouded but there was a lot of excitement in the air. The Manti Temple if very beautiful inside and out. There is so much history in there and the sence that you get when you are there is amazing. I love the temple. When you stop to think about how that building was built and also when it was built, it is an amazing master piece of work. For those of you who haven't ever seen it, it is made out of a beautiful sandstone. The colors inside are done in light blues, greens, pinks and a lot of hard oak. After spending a great time in the session ( I wish I could tell you all about it, but I know I can't,) I had the opportunity to show the boyz the spiral staircases. There are very few in the United States that are free standing spiral staircases. That means that each stair is supported by the next step all the way up. The staircases make 6 complete rotations, 151 steps, and raises about 76 ft. There are two of these staircases in the Manti Temple and the one on the east goes clockwise and the one on the west goes counter clockwise. It is really neat. If you can't tell I really love these different archtecure features. I am amazed by the splendure and beauty that the pioneers were able to do with the limited tools, supplies, and the labor. It's just amazing.
It was a great day. I'm ready to go back to the Manti Temple again. But Kevin and I have decided that we are going to try to visit all of the temples in Utah. Our next one that we are planning on going to is the Logan or Draper Temple. We shall see which one we actually make it too.

No comments:
Post a Comment